The latest eviXscan 3D software version 2.8 already on the market
Czechowice-Dziedzice, Poland, 16th November 2021 – Evatronix SA, manufacturer of eviXscan 3D scanners, has announced an update to its 3D software - eviXscan 3D Suite 2.8. The new version introduces improvements for key algorithms that increase the speed and quality of eviXscan 3D scanners (up to 40% faster run time, up to 30% increase in accuracy). Purchasing a software update provides access to further functionality enhancements for 12 months from the date of purchase.
The eviXscan 3D software update version 2.8 introduced an improvement of scanning parameters, which is noticeable especially to the older generation of eviXscan 3D scanners, such as measuring devices from Heavy Duty line (Quadro, Optima or Basic). This improvement allows for significantly better scanning results, so there is no need to replace the device with a newer model. Compared to previous versions of eviXscan 3D, the point cloud generation time has been significantly reduced in Suite 2.8.
The latest version of the software allows eviXscan 3D scanners to be integrated with Universal Robots and HAN*S robots without external plug-ins. Additionally, easier interface, adaptation for easy localization and new language versions of the software (Polish, Chinese, French) have been introduced. Update of eviXscan 3D Suite software has been enhanced with the following functionalities:
- New scan generator – an optimized algorithm allows to obtain a scan of better quality while reducing the time of its generation.
- Best Fit – automation of the manual fitting process, where an algorithm uses the part shape, curvature, and surface to achieve the best possible scan match.
- New version of the Merging function – thanks to a better quality of merging, it is possible to improve subsequent stages of post-processing (hole filling or smoothing).
- Hole filling, which can be performed in three ways:
1. Holes filling selection – used to manually select holes for filling.
2. Holes filling densely – allows you to fill all holes in the mesh (the algorithm updates the existing mesh of triangles).
3. Holes filling waterproof – closes the STL file (the algorithm creates a new mesh).
- Auto-exposure of markers – is based on automatic selection of optimal exposure settings for scanning with markers.
– The program eviXscan 3D Suite 2.8 is another step towards full automation of scanning, thanks to the development of an automatic selection of exposure times for scanning, markers and support for Universal Robots and HAN*S robots – says Szymon Ścibik, R&D leader at Evatronix SA. – In addition, the new version of the point cloud generator works several times faster, can significantly improve the accuracy of generated scans even for older scanners, and most importantly, gives better results when scanning dark, shiny details without splashing. While creating new versions of the software we relied on our customers' and partners' opinions to make sure that the software we create meets the growing requirements.
All eviXscan 3D scanners purchased after November 15, 2021, will be delivered to customers with the latest version of eviXscan 3D Suite 2.8 software.